Cumbria Business Growth Hub has 150 business grants to give away by the end of June thanks to funds remaining thorough the European Regional Development Fund.
Grants are now available for a total of £2,500 with a £1,000 contribution from the Growth Hub and £1,500 from those applying for a range of consultancy activities.
Lesley Robinson, Head of Business Support, Cumbria Chamber of Commerce said: “With funds still remaining from our current ERDF funding we wanted to help as many businesses as possible as quicky as possible and make sure the money allocated is used to support Cumbrian businesses. To be eligible businesses need to operate mainly with other businesses or be looking to grow the B2B side of the business, but if you’re unsure you qualify please get in touch and we’ll see how we can help. It’s a really simple 3 page application, three quotes but you decide who does the work. It’s also a great way for local consultants to support clients and to use the funds as way of attracting new ones!”
Below are some examples of what the grants cover:
- Website design, re-design, photography/imagery, search engine optimisation
- Marketing planning, collateral design, social media/PR campaigns (no printed collateral)
- HR including support with recruitment, staff retention, being legally compliant, identifying your purpose and creating values for your business
- Accountancy including cost reviews and identifying savings, business planning and forecasting, tax return/record keeping advice, cloud accountancy, payroll services
- Business planning, forecasting, succession planning, future proofing
- Accreditations such as SALSA or ISO
- Risk management
- Supply chain – help to access new markets, prepare bids and tender submissions
- Green/low carbon including carbon audits, help to find more competitive energy tariffs, renewables
Dan Jackson, from The Guild said: “Our experience with Cumbria Business Growth Hub was fantastic, we received a subsidy that allowed us to improve our website and create a brand new video showing off The Guild attracting new members to our community. From first contact with Lesley to the assistance through the process and confirmation of our subsidy with Paula and Paul our experience was smooth, professional and painless, we would and have highly recommended it!”
To start an application today please email email@example.com or call 0844 257 8450. All activity needs to be completed and paid for and grants claimed before end of June 2023.